Shealoe butter is terrific cream that you can make right at home.
• Provides hold for styling hair
• Strengthens hair
• Provides moisture for hair and skin
• Great to use as a sealer for hair
• Healer and soothing for skin
How to make Shealoe Butter:
(feel free to play around with measurements and other oils).
•1/2 cup of Shea Butter
• 1/4 cup of Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera juice
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
I recommend coconut oil, its less greasy.
• 3-5 drops of tea tree oil (this acts as a preservative to prevent mold).
• 3 drops of vitamin E oil
Stove Top Directions
Create a double boiler by placing a glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water.
DO NOT let the bowl tip into water.
Add shea butter, coconut oil to the glass bowl, allow to melt. Add honey while oils are hot.
Stir gently. Remove the glass bowl from heat and place on a surface for mixing.
Add aloe vera gel to warm oil and mix using a hand mixer. Add other oils after mixture has cooled down for about 30 minutes.
Place mixture in an air tight container. Place in the refrigerator only for a few hours so it can set, then take it out, place in a cool, dry area.